Amerex B570 (30 lbs.) Class D Sodium Chloride Fire Extinguisher
Amerex B570 (30 lbs.) Sodium Chloride Class D Fire Extinguisher
The Amerex MODEL B570 “soft flow” extension applicator is particularly suited for fighting Class D fires (combustible metal fires). It keeps the operator away from the extreme heat and toxic fumes caused by burning material. The easily controlled, even discharge provides a non-dispersing application of the agent. The applicator may be quickly detached to provide a straight stream of chemical where greater range, a narrow discharge pattern or a lobbing effect is required.
MODEL B570 contains a special blended Sodium Chloride based dry powder extinguishing agent. Heat from the fire causes it to cake and form a crust excluding air and dissipating heat from burning metal. Metal fires involving magnesium, sodium, potassium and sodium-potassium alloys can be successfully extinguished with this extinguisher. There is data showing that zirconium, uranium, titanium, and powdered aluminum fires can be controlled and extinguished with this unique extinguisher.
- 6 Year Warranty
- Stored Pressure Design
- Dependable Drawn Steel Cylinders
- Special corrosion resistant yellow
- (Class D) color coded paint finish
- All Metal Valve Construction
- Temperature Range -40°F to 120°F
- Unique “soft flow” extension applicator plus built in long range nozzle
- Large Loop Stainless Steel Pull Pin
- Bar Coded and Bi-lingual Labels
- Magnesium Chips: 4 ft2 and/or 6 lbs. of metal
- Sodium or Potassium Spill: 5 ft2 and/or 5 lbs.of metal
- Sodium or Potassium Spill Depth Over 1/2”: 3 ft2 and or 6 lbs. of metal
- Sodium Potassium Alloy Spil: 3 ft2 and/or 2 lbs. of metal
Available in 150 lb. Wheeled or Stationary - Call for pricing.
Click Here to view Amerex B570 Class D data sheet (opens in a new window)